Memorial Fund Raising
Honorary Colonel Del Lippert has been tasked to investigate and execute a plan to have a Cenotaph erected to those 427 personnel who died while in service (Word file). Several financial funding options were investigated, however, the chosen option was to initiate a fund raising to pay for this Cenotaph which will be mounted in Petawawa. A bronze Lion, seen below, will be atop a pedestal with plaques inscribed with the names of the fallen. For a full description of Hon. Col. Lippert's activities click here. . The Air Force Association has also emailed to its membership a fund raising appeal in support of the Cenotaph. It can be accessed here.
The following information is from Honourary Colonel Del Lippert.
We will be raising private donations for a Cenotaph to honour fallen Squadron members. The unveiling is planned for the Squadron's 75th Anniversary in the Fall of 2017. For future reference, if you plan to donate, or know someone that is interested, donations to the fund may be made in two ways:
- By Mail:
- Make Cheques out to: "RCAF Association Trust Fund" and write in the "Memo Portion" of the cheque: 427 Association Cenotaph Fund
- Mail to: Office Manager RCAF Association Trust Fund, 222 Somerset Street West, Suite 405. Ottawa, ON, K2P 2G3.
- Go to:https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/royal-canadian-air-force-association-trust/
- Scroll Down to: 'Donate to this Charity Now'
- Enter your donation and then click on the box marked "General"
- Select from the dropdown menu: 427 Lion Squadron Association Memorial Cenotaph Cause.